Windows 10 is the latest version of the Windows operating system developed by Microsoft. It was released in July 2015 as a successor to Windows 8.1. Windows 10 comes with a variety of features and improvements, including a new user interface, enhanced security features, and support for new hardware and software technologies.
Some of the key features of Windows 10 include the Cortana virtual assistant, the Microsoft Edge web browser, the ability to run Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, and the Windows Hello biometric authentication system. It also includes features such as virtual desktops, improved multitasking, and a revamped Start menu.
Windows 10 is designed to be a universal operating system that can run on a wide range of devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It also includes features that enable seamless integration between different devices, such as the ability to use the Continuum feature to switch between tablet and desktop mode on 2-in-1 devices.
Overall, Windows 10 is a modern and versatile operating system that offers a range of features and capabilities to enhance productivity and streamline workflow.
Here are some of the most notable features available in Windows:
- Start Menu: The Start Menu provides quick access to programs, documents, and settings. You can use the search bar to find what you’re looking for, or browse through the menu to see what’s available.
- Taskbar: The Taskbar is a handy feature that displays icons for currently running programs and allows you to switch between them with a single click.
- File Explorer: File Explorer is a file management tool that allows you to browse, manage, and organize your files and folders.
- Cortana: Cortana is a digital assistant that can help you with tasks like searching the web, setting reminders, and managing your calendar.
- Action Center: The Action Center displays notifications and alerts from apps and system settings, making it easy to stay on top of important events and updates.
- Windows Security: Windows Security is a built-in security tool that helps protect your computer from viruses, malware, and other security threats.
- Virtual Desktops: Virtual desktops allow you to create multiple desktops to organize your work and keep your desktop clutter-free.
- Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge is a web browser that offers fast browsing, built-in security features, and support for modern web technologies.
- Snipping Tool: The Snipping Tool is a screenshot tool that allows you to capture screenshots and save them as images.
- Windows Ink: Windows Ink is a feature that allows you to use a stylus or touch screen to create notes, sketches, and drawings.
How do i install windows 10 on my PC
To install Windows 10 on your PC, follow these steps:
- Make sure your PC meets the system requirements for Windows 10. You can find the requirements on the Microsoft website.
- Create a Windows 10 installation media. You can do this by using the Media Creation Tool provided by Microsoft. You can download it from the Microsoft website.
- Insert the installation media (USB drive or DVD) into your PC and restart your computer. Make sure your computer boots from the installation media instead of your hard drive. You may need to change the boot order in your computer’s BIOS settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 10. You will need to select your language, time and currency format, and keyboard or input method.
- Enter your product key if prompted. You can find your product key on the packaging or in an email from Microsoft if you purchased a digital copy.
- Select the partition or hard drive where you want to install Windows 10. You can choose to create a new partition or use an existing one.
- Wait for the installation to complete. This can take some time depending on your computer’s hardware and the speed of your installation media.
- Once the installation is complete, set up your user account and customize your settings.
- Install any necessary drivers for your hardware and update your system to ensure it is running smoothly.
That’s it! You should now have Windows 10 installed on your PC.