Is there something extra festive than these cheery, plant-based bell peppers, filled with a hearty, zesty filling of black beans, quinoa, corn, and tomatoes, and topped with avocado slices and creamy vegan ranch dressing? These feisty Southwestern Stuffed Peppers with Black Beans and Quinoa are a meal in a single—and considered one of my favourite dinners for simple weeknights or weekend dinner events. You should utilize any kind of vegetable appropriate for stuffing for these southwestern stuffed peppers, too, reminiscent of spherical summer time squash, acorn or butternut squashes, giant tomatoes, and small eggplants.
Watch me make this recipe on Instagram right here.
These plant-based, gluten-free stuffed peppers are stuffed with the goodness of quinoa, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and spices. Prime them with a contemporary vegan ranch dressing earlier than serving.
Black Bean Quinoa Filling:
- 4 giant bell peppers (purple, orange, yellow, inexperienced, or purple)
- 1 avocado, sliced into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- ½ cup vegan mild mayonnaise (make your personal vegan mayo right here)
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened (i.e., soy, oat, almond)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons assorted freshly chopped herbs (i.e., dill, basil, oregano, chives, parsley, cilantro, tarragon)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Pinch salt (non-obligatory)
- Rinse quinoa and place in a small pot with broth, cowl, and simmer for about 12-Quarter-hour, till simply tender. Drain any leftover broth.
- Whereas quinoa is cooking, mix black beans, corn, inexperienced onions, tomato, jalapeno, garlic, ¼ cup chopped cilantro, salsa, and chili powder in a medium mixing bowl. Add cooked quinoa, and blend effectively.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put together bell peppers by slicing them in half vertically to create two shells per pepper (8 complete). Fill every pepper half with one-eighth of the filling (about 1/2 cup every).
- Place stuffed bell peppers in a 9 x 13 inch pan stuffed with 1/2-inch water. Place uncovered within the oven and bake for about half-hour, till peppers are simply tender, however nonetheless agency.
- Whereas peppers are baking, make Vegan Ranch Dressing: Combine all Vegan Ranch substances in a small bowl till clean.
- Take away peppers from oven and prime every stuffed pepper with 1 slice avocado, 2 tablespoons vegan ranch dressing, and 1 teaspoon of contemporary cilantro. Serve instantly.
*Learn to make do-it-yourself vegan mayonnaise right here.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 45 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American, Southwestern
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 281
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 531 mg
- Fats: 16 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 8 g
Key phrases: vegan stuffed peppers, stuffed bell pepper recipe, vegetarian stuffed bell peppers
For different wholesome, plant-based entrees, try:
This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.