These candy potato tater tots are really easy to make! All it’s a must to do is combine the substances collectively, type a tater tot, and bake. These wholesome tater tots make an amazing facet dish for any meal in addition to a enjoyable dinner thought for the children.
Scrumptious Candy Potato Tater Tots
These wholesome candy potato tater tots got here to life as a result of as we had been planning for fall recipes (which we do at the start of summer season) we knew we needed to create a scrumptious wholesome tater tot hotdish recipe.
In anticipation for our tater tot scorching dish, we needed to create a scrumptious new candy potato tater tot recipe. HERE IT IS. We love this recipe as a result of it’s simple to make and you’ve got the choice of creating these tots vegan or you’ll be able to add an egg for further crispiness.
I’ll be sincere, prep time for these little guys is a course of, simply because it’s a must to mould all of the tater tots individually. Actually, it was a reasonably peaceable course of. Meditative as a result of you’ll be able to’t be in your cellphone. It’s simply you and the tater tots. LOL
- Candy Potatoes – we use two small candy potatoes for this recipe. Our candy potatoes are orange however you should use white candy potatoes, too.
- Almond Flour – this recipe is gluten free. We use blanched almond flour. Ensure to not use coarse almond flour. The blanched almond flour is gentle in colour and really high-quality.
- Garlic Powder – garlic makes the world go spherical.
- Sea Salt– salt brings out the entire greatest flavors of the candy potatoes.
- Olive Oil– we use olive oil because the fats within the tater tot.
Instructions at a Look
- Grate the candy potatoes with the smallest grate. Place the candy potatoes in a bowl and sprinkle them with salt to attract the moisture out of the week potatoes. After the candy potatoes have sat, place the candy potato shreds in a tea towel and squeeze the moisture from the candy potatoes.
- Add the candy potatoes, garlic powder, and olive oil to a bowl and blend till mixed and kinds a ball.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out a heaping scoop of candy potato combination. Type a tater tot along with your fingers and place on a greased pan. Repeat till the candy potato combination is gone. Sprinkle tater tot with olive oil.
- Bake the candy potato tater tots at 400ºF for 10 minutes then flip. Bake for an extra 10 minutes.
Ideas for Making Tater Tots
- Be certain to FINELY grate the candy potatoes potatoes and allow them to sit with a little bit of salt to attract out any extra moisture.
- Season grated potatoes along with your favourite spices or spice combine for some enjoyable added taste.
- If tater tots should not forming, add an egg or a flax egg. This could bind the combination collectively, making the tater tots simpler to type.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or use parchment paper to keep away from any sticking.
- Flip tater tots midway via bake time to make sure either side get a bit crunchy.
- Make a scrumptious dipping sauce for tater tots. We extremely suggest this Greek yogurt pickle dip.
- 2 small candy potatoes peeled (2 cups shredded)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- Optionally available
- 1 egg overwhelmed*
Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Use the second smallest grate measurement in your cheese grater and grate candy potatoes. Place shredded candy potatoes in a bowl and blend with a pinch of salt and let sit for 10-Quarter-hour to attract out moisture.
Subsequent, place candy potato in two layers of paper towel and squeeze the moisture out of the candy potato over a sink. Squeeze as a lot moisture out as doable.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine candy potato with the remainder of the substances (besides olive oil). Combine nicely.
Use a teaspoon to scoop out a heaping scoop of candy potato combination. Type a tater tot along with your fingers and place on a greased pan. Repeat till the candy potato combination is gone. Sprinkle tater tot with olive oil.
Bake for 10 minutes then flip. Bake for an extra 10 minutes.
Ideas & Notes
- For a crispier tater high, add an egg!
Energy: 31kcal Carbohydrates: 3g Fats: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g