Inside: Get a straightforward 4-ingredient recipe for Roasted Carrots With Thyme. This easy facet dish is a success with my youngsters!
My youngsters already favored carrots: uncooked, roasted, sautéed.
However including thyme reworked them into one thing model new.
I bought the thyme tip from my sister-in-law, who mentioned one thing alongside the traces of, “Belief me, it makes a giant distinction.”
She was proper! These carrots have now develop into a favourite facet dish for our household, and my 14 12 months previous recurrently helps himself to seconds.
Components for Roasted Carrots With Thyme
- Carrots: You would use child carrots, however I favor bigger carrots for this facet dish. Slice them at an angle for a reasonably look.
- Olive oil
- Salt: I like kosher salt for this recipe, as a result of it has larger, coarser granules. However be at liberty to make use of common desk salt.
- Thyme: I exploit dried, which I at all times have available. You may substitute recent, you’ll simply need to use extra (3 teaspoons recent versus 1 teaspoon dried).
Tips on how to Make Roasted Carrots With Thyme
Peel and slice carrots at an angle, I reduce them about 1/4-inch thick. I exploit roughly three cups of sliced carrots for this facet dish.
Place on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and thyme. You would toss them in a bowl with the oil and seasonings first, however why soiled an additional dish?
Unfold out the carrots on the baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring they’re not overlapping. They’ll roast extra evenly that means. Overlapping veggies can find yourself steaming and never cooking properly.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, giving them a stir midway by means of. We like them mushy however nonetheless a tiny bit agency. In the event you favor them very mushy and browner, preserve roasting (and peek at them recurrently in order that they don’t burn).
Questions About Roasted Carrots with Thyme
Can I exploit child carrots?
Sure, although it’s possible you’ll must roast them longer to get a mushy texture should you cook dinner them entire. You would additionally slice child carrots in half lengthwise earlier than cooking, which might look good.
Can I exploit recent thyme as a substitute?
Sure! You’ll need to use extra: about three teaspoons recent as a substitute of 1 teaspoon dried.
What does thyme style like?
It’s been described as earthy, minty, and barely candy. If it’s an unfamiliar taste on your youngsters, use much less thyme than the recipe requires the primary time you make them.
Why are carrots good for teenagers?
Carrots are wealthy in vitamin A, which performs an element in imaginative and prescient and the immune system. The pigment that makes them orange can also be a disease-fighting compound.
What can I serve with roasted carrots?
Roasted carrots with thyme makes a terrific facet dish for absolutely anything. We eat them as a facet for pork chops, hen, and burgers, however they’d additionally look fairly on a Thanksgiving desk.
What are different good veggie recipes for teenagers?
Roasted Carrots With Thyme
Cook dinner Time:
These roasted carrots with thyme make a straightforward veggie facet dish. My youngsters love them!
- 3 cups peeled carrots, reduce at an angle
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Peel and reduce carrots at an angle, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place on baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and thyme and toss once more. Unfold out carrots in a single layer on baking sheet, ensuring they do not overlap.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring midway and eradicating carrots once they’re barely browned and tender however nonetheless agency (roast longer if you would like them softer).
Really useful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Measurement: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 62Whole Fats: 2gSaturated Fats: 0gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g