Tips to Make Your Facebook Account Secure
Whether you’ve experienced a hack or not, it’s critical to keep your Facebook account secure. There are a few techniques you can use to accomplish this. What you must do is as follows:
Use Two-factor Authentication
You may protect your Facebook account by using the two-factor authentication tool that Facebook has introduced. When you access your Facebook account from a mobile device or a computer, the feature enables you to provide a unique login code to authenticate your login attempt each time. Follow these steps to turn on this feature:
- Go to Security and login settings
- Scroll down to Two-factor authentication and click on Edit.
- Choose the desired security method and follow the on-screen instructions to activate this feature.
Get Alerts About Unrecognised Logins
Facebook users can now configure alerts for unauthorized login attempts from their accounts. Basically, this security feature notifies you whenever someone tries to log in using a different computer or web browser. You can learn more about the origin of the login attempt from the notifications. Here’s how to make it possible:
- Go to Settings and click on Security and Login Settings.
- Scroll down to ‘Get alerts about unrecognised logins’ and click on Edit.
- Choose where you want to receive your alerts, such as from your email account or with a Facebook notification from a recognised device.
- Click on Save Changes and the feature will be activated.
Log out From Your Account When You Use A Different Computer
Always remember to log out of your Facebook account before leaving a computer, whether it be your own, a friend’s, or a work computer.
Always Choose a Strong Password
Creating a secure password for your Facebook account is crucial. A password should be made that is simple to remember yet challenging for others to decipher. Do not create a password using your email address, phone number, date of birth, or any other personal information. To make a strong password, it is usually suggested to combine letters, numbers, and special characters. Alternately, you can use the strong password suggest feature in Google Chrome or Safari, which will generate a password using random characters and save it to your Google or iCloud account for convenience.
Never Share Your Login Details With Anyone
One of the most vital pieces of advice is never to divulge your login information to anyone. In particular, this is true while you are online. Scammers may design bogus websites that resemble Facebook and instruct you to log in using your email address and password. Make sure you are always using the correct website. Simply enter www.facebook.com into your browser to visit Facebook if you are unsure.
Verify for viruses or malware
It’s critical to monitor your machine for any dangerous malware. To keep your sensitive information safe, make sure to regularly scan your computer for viruses, malware, and other threats and to promptly remove them.
How to Secure Your Facebook Account Using the Facebook Security Checkup?
By running a Security Checkup on your account, Facebook also gives you the option to safeguard it. In essence, the function informs you whether your password is secure enough, whether two-factor authentication is enabled, and how to receive notifications if you log in using your Facebook account. The Facebook Security Checkup tool can be used in the following ways to safeguard your Facebook account.
- Visit the Facebook Security Checkup page.
- Click on Continue and then you will be asked to replace your current password with a strong one.
- Next, you will be asked to turn on the two-factor authentication. Once you activated this, click on Next button.
- Lastly, you will be asked to select different ways to get notifications whenever you log into your Facebook account. You can click on Turn On All.
- With this, you can have some peace of mind about making your Facebook account secure.