These simple Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms are filled with seared high sirloin, provolone, peppers, onions and a killer sauce. You gained’t miss the bread in any respect with this low-carb and guilt-free dinner!
In the event you’re a stuffed mushroom lover like me then you definitely undoubtedly must make my Mini Portobello Margherita Pizzas or my Fast Crab Stuffed Mushrooms.
Simple Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
All of us have these moments after we crave an enormous, crunchy-yet-soft, filling-filled, flavorful sandwich. And more often than not, my go-to sandwich like that may be a Philly cheesesteak sandwich.
Sure, generally I’m going out and order that pleasing sandwich, and different instances, I simply work out how one can make a more healthy model at house! And similar to that, right here comes my Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms!
They fulfill all my cravings on high of being so easy to make and wholesome. These stuffed mushrooms solely take a couple of half hour to make. And my entire household loves them! It’s undoubtedly a enjoyable solution to combine up dinner while you’re in a rut.
For these stuffed mushrooms I take a high sirloin and prepare dinner it in a skillet to be about medium uncommon. Then the sliced steak is tossed with peppers, onions, and a creamy horseradish sauce. That unbelievable filling goes into portobello mushroom caps and is topped with provolone cheese. They’re baked they usually come out completely cooked and able to eat!
What You’ll Want
The ingredient listing is fairly easy. You simply must run out to seize a number of issues on the retailer and then you definitely’re good to go! Bear in mind, the precise quantities for all the pieces are down beneath within the recipe card.
- Portobello Mushrooms: The bigger caps are higher for this recipe. Alternatively, you possibly can reduce the meat up into small items and use smaller mushrooms, too.
- Prime Sirloin: That is the reduce that I like to make use of for this recipe. However you should use no matter steak you want! You possibly can even use floor beef if that’s all that you’ve got.
- Peppers: I used inexperienced and crimson bell peppers however you could possibly additionally use orange or yellow ones, too.
- Onion: Candy onions work nice for this recipe.
- Bitter Cream: You possibly can additionally use plain Greek yogurt as a more healthy possibility.
- Mayonnaise: Use any kind of mayonnaise you want for this half.
- Ready Horseradish: Kind of can be utilized relying on how a lot you just like the spiciness of horseradish.
- Garlic Powder: Granulated garlic or garlic salt may be used.
- Black Pepper
- Provolone Cheese: That is the kind of cheese that’s usually used for a Philly cheesesteak, however you could possibly additionally use cheddar or swiss.
- Parsley: That is for garnish, so when you don’t have any – that’s okay! You possibly can additionally use one other contemporary herb like chives or sliced inexperienced onions would even be scrumptious.
What Are The Finest Mushrooms for Stuffed Mushrooms?
I actually love utilizing portobello mushrooms for this recipe as a result of they’re giant and may be full of a number of meat and veggie filling. This makes them an amazing possibility not for only a snack or appetizer, however they’re sufficiently big to serve for dinner.
That doesn’t imply that you could’t use smaller mushrooms although! Child Bella or button mushrooms also can work, however you’ll have to cut the meat and greens into smaller items in order that they match into the cap.
Learn how to Make Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms
Right here’s how one can make this easy and low-carb recipe.
First, put together the mushrooms. You’ll must take away the stems and take out the gills from the mushroom cap. You are able to do this with the sting of a spoon. Then lay them flat on a sheet tray and spray them evenly with cooking oil. You may as well season them with a sprinkle of salt when you’d like.
Subsequent, prepare dinner the steak. You are able to do this in a sizzling skillet and even on the grill. All the time enable the meat to relaxation earlier than slicing.
Prepare dinner the peppers and onion whereas the meat is resting. You are able to do this proper in the identical pan. Prepare dinner them till they’re smooth and just a little translucent.
Slice the steak after which add them to a bowl with the filling substances. Add the sliced steak, cooked greens, mayonnaise, bitter cream, garlic powder, horseradish, black pepper, and cheese.
Create the filling. Coat the steak and greens with the creamy sauce.
Stuff the portobello caps with the filling. Then bake for about 20 minutes or till the mushrooms are tender. When they’re accomplished, you possibly can serve them instantly and garnish them with contemporary parsley.
Ideas for Success
Listed below are some tips and suggestions I realized whereas making these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms.
- Don’t overcook the steak. You need the steak to be nearly medium uncommon while you first prepare dinner it. In the event you overcook it to start with, it is going to be powerful and never as flavorful.
- You can also make the filling forward of time. If you wish to save much more time, you may make the filling and maintain it within the fridge till you’re able to bake the mushrooms.
- No horseradish? No downside! You’ll be able to merely omit the horseradish when you don’t have any. Or you possibly can add just a little little bit of spicy mustard or perhaps a tiny little bit of wasabi paste for that added kick!
What to Serve with Portobello Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms are an amazing snack or meal possibility. Listed below are a few of my favourite recipes to serve alongside them!
- Make a dipping sauce. You’ll be able to dip or drizzle your favourite sauce over these mushrooms for added taste and creaminess. Is it any shock that I’m going to counsel my Growth Growth Sauce?! You possibly can additionally combine just a little further of the mayo, bitter cream, dijon mustard or horseradish for a straightforward sauce.
- Wholesome fries on the aspect. Maintain the theme going of “wholesome takeout” and whip up a few of my favourite good-for-you french fries. My Air Fryer Candy Potato Fries and Crispy Zucchini Fries are two nice choices.
- Low-carb aspect choices. Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, Simple Spaghetti Squash, and/or Easy Garlic Spinach are a few of my different favourite low-carb recipes to go along with this recipe.
Learn how to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
I like to recommend consuming these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms straight away for the perfect taste and texture. In the event you do have leftovers, you possibly can retailer them within the fridge for 1-2 days. To reheat, I counsel placing them again within the oven for a couple of minutes. Or you could possibly use the air fryer, too!
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Simple Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms stuffed with tender steak, sautéed greens and gooey cheese.
- 6 giant portobello mushrooms, stem and gills eliminated
Philly Cheesesteak Filling:
- 8 oz. high sirloin steak, if greater than an 1″ thick thinly slice in half
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 inexperienced pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced candy onion
- 1 crimson pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup bitter cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ready horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 4 oz. shredded provolone cheese
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Take away stems and gills from every portobello mushroom. Place on a baking sheet. Spray either side of the mushroom with oil (or cooking spray) and season with salt. Put aside.
- Season either side of the highest sirloin with salt and pepper.
- Warmth a big skillet to excessive warmth.
- Spray with cooking spray and place the highest sirloin within the pan. Sear either side of the steak, about 2-3 minutes per aspect.
- Take away steak from pan and let relaxation. Instantly spray pan with cooking spray once more and add peppers and onions to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes, till the greens are tender and onions are considerably translucent.
- Add greens to a big bowl.
- Thinly slice the highest sirloin and add to the bowl with the sautéed greens. Subsequent, to that very same bowl add, bitter cream, mayonnaise, ready horseradish, garlic powder, floor black pepper and provolone cheese. Utilizing a spoon, stir to mix all of the substances.
- Stuff every portobello mushroom with the steak combination.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till the mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
- Serving Dimension: 1 stuffed mushroom
- Energy: 220
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 252 mg
- Fats: 13 g
- Saturated Fats: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 47 mg
Key phrases: low carb stuffed mushrooms, portobello stuffed mushrooms, simple stuffed mushrooms
Extra Simple Low-Carb Dishes
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->