A casserole is a traditional dish from our childhood. This recipe revamps the substances to make a lighter and more healthy but creamy model. This one is certain to stay in your weekday favorites!
Rooster is a protein that tastes improbable in any dish. The addition of hen thighs on this casserole ups the protein issue and works effectively with the lighter, extra delicate tasting greens—mushrooms and asparagus. The recipe requires skinless hen thighs, however be happy to depart the pores and skin on based mostly in your style preferences or if you’re not strict on fats consumption.
Asparagus pairs effectively with hen and boasts a powerful dietary profile. It’s loaded with fiber, vitamins, and nutritional vitamins A and C whereas additionally being low in energy, making it an ideal veggie choice when you’re trying to lose (or keep) weight.
Add in some creamy goodness with heavy cream, cream cheese, greek yogurt, and a beneficiant portion of cheddar and gruyere cheese. Yogurt and cheese are wealthy in helpful fat, that are important for a wholesome, balanced eating regimen. Dairy merchandise additionally comprise plenty of calcium which helps maintain our bones and enamel sturdy.
As a bonus, get that golden, tacky high by sprinkling additional cheese on high of the casserole earlier than placing it within the oven. Nothing beats a heat and hearty meal on the finish of the day, however this casserole additionally freezes and retains effectively, making it an important lunchtime meal choice for the day after.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Creamy Rooster Asparagus Casserole
- 16 ounce boneless skinless hen thighs, diced
- Salt and pepper to style
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon contemporary garlic, minced
- 6 ounce cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounce asparagus spears, chopped into 1″ items
- 1/2 cup hen broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
1. Measure out and put together all of the substances.
2. In a frying pan, add half the olive oil and the diced hen to the pan. Cook dinner the hen till inner temperature reaches 165F then take away from pan and put aside.
3. Add the opposite half of the olive oil together with the onion and minced garlic.
4. Then, add within the cremini mushrooms and asparagus items. Stir to mix effectively.
5. Sautee on low to medium warmth for two – 4 minutes.
6. Put the cooked hen again into the pan with the hen broth, heavy cream, and almond milk. Stir to mix effectively. Cook dinner for 1 – 2 minutes.
7. Put the cream cheese into the pan and stir to mix effectively. Cook dinner for 1 minute or so.
8. Take away the pan from warmth.
9. Add within the greek yogurt and stir effectively. Add within the gruyere cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir effectively to mix.
10. Place within the oven to broil till the cheese has simply melted.
11. Take away from oven and serve instantly. Get pleasure from!
This makes a complete of 4 servings of Keto Creamy Rooster Asparagus Casserole. Every serving comes out to be 540 energy, 42.6g fats, 7g internet carbs, and 33.5g protein.
|16.00 ounce boneless, skinless hen thighs||649||40.5||0||0||0.0||76.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|2.00 teaspoon contemporary garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|6.00 ounce cremini mushrooms||48||0.2||7||1||6||4.3|
|10.00 ounce asparagus spears||57||0.3||11||6||5.1||6.2|
|0.50 cup hen broth||7||0.3||0.6||0||0.6||0.8|
|0.50 cup heavy cream||405||42.8||3.2||0||3.2||3.3|
|0.50 cup unsweetened almond milk||14||1.3||0.6||0.4||0.2||0.6|
|2.00 ounce cream cheese||194||19.3||2.3||0||2.3||3.5|
|0.50 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt||108||5.7||3.4||0||3.4||10.2|
|0.50 cup gruyere cheese||248||19.4||0.2||0||0.2||17.9|
|0.33 cup cheddar cheese||163||13.5||1.3||0||1.3||9.3|
|Per Serving (/4)||540||42.6||9.1||2||7||33.5|