“How To Use Up Further Zucchini” Pasta Dinner | The Recipe ReDux
This summer season pasta dish is a scrumptious, nutritious and straightforward manner to make use of up your further zucchini.
Can you are feeling it? Zucchini love is within the air.
Hopefully, you’re nonetheless loving it – the season began pretty early right here in Philly – I received my first inflow of summer season squash a very good month in the past in my CSA share.
However in case you are a bit overwhelmed by all of the zukes or can’t make one other loaf of zucchini bread, I received a fantastic household dinner recipe for you at this time.
And simply in time for this month’s Recipe ReDux theme:
Contemporary from the Backyard: The season of bountiful produce has arrived. Whether or not your produce comes from the farmers’ market, a CSA share, or a plot of filth out again, present how you’re utilizing contemporary July fruits or veggies. And if in case you have gardening successes – or failures – please share! (<—we’ll get to that on the finish of the put up.)
I simply received again from a number of days on the seaside sharing a home with my mother and father and sister’s household the place all of us take turns cooking. Like my mother, my sister is a incredible cook dinner and I all the time get a brand new trick or recipe concept when spending time collectively.
My sister has made a model of this zucchini pasta for a number of seaside holidays now and I like it as a result of:
1) It’s simple to make
2) It makes use of up a number of zucchini
3) It provides you a healthy dose of veggies at dinner (zucchini is an effective supply of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium and fiber — for simply 33 energy per medium zuke.)
4) It heats up nicely as leftovers.
That is typical Italian cooking – easy, in season elements that flip into tremendous scrumptious meals. The zucchini right here cooks down so much so it has a really gentle taste – yet one more bonus for teenagers – or adults – who might not be on the squash band wagon.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 giant or 4 medium zucchini, chopped into 1/4-inch items
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces raw pasta like farfelle, penne or linguine
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, Romano, Pecorino or Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pink pepper flakes, optionally available
- In a big sauce pan, warmth olive oil over medium warmth. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, stirring incessantly.
- Add zucchini, black pepper and salt. Stir and cook dinner for half-hour or till zucchini begin to brown and will get tender (stirring often.)
- Pour in milk and cook dinner one other 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Whereas zucchini is cooking, put together pasta based on package deal. Drain and blend pasta into zucchini sauce in saucepan. Take away from warmth.
- Combine in cheese and pink pepper flakes (if desired.) Serve instantly.
Recipe notice: You may as well swap in summer season squash if in case you have that readily available.
(For those who STILL have zucchini after this recipe, test our Zucchini Recipe Roundup or more moderen recipes we’ve posted like Tomato Zucchini Eggplant Gratin and Candy Zucchini Jam. And checkout Cooking Gentle’s Six Nice Recipes For Zucchini – zucchini chips, anybody?)
As for these gardening successes or failures, this Soiled Harry line, which my husband usually quotes, sums it up for me in terms of rising something:
I’ve killed mint. Sure, mint, to which anybody who has any sort of inexperienced thumb says it grows like a weed.
Not on my watch.
I’ve even killed grass. (There’s a protracted story behind that one however sure, I killed off a patch of my housemate’s yard at one time, too.)
That is why I keep on with the farmers’ markets and CSA shares for my summer season fruit and vegetable provide – fortunately paying those that know what they’re doing in gardens and fields far more than me.
Any good zucchini recipes/cooking tricks to share? Any good gardening tales? I’d love to listen to! Be at liberty to share this with any zucchini lovers you realize (or every other black thumbs that may relate….)