How to Delete Your Bumble Account
The dating app industry, which includes companies such as Hinge and Tinder, is one area that has benefited from the epidemic life.
Yet, as more people use these applications, there will definitely be an increase in the number of people who need to deactivate them, either because they’ve found a partner or because they’re weary of swiping. Your free or premium Bumble account can be deleted instantly if you so choose.
What you should know before deleting your Bumble app
There are a few things to keep in mind while deleting a Bumble account, but the process is otherwise straightforward.
If you have a premium Bumble subscription or do not want one, you must first cancel it. Otherwise, despite not having an account, you will continue to be charged.
If you are unable to access the app, don’t worry; your billing details and profile are still valid, and you may contact Bumble’s customer care staff for help canceling your account.
If you only want to eliminate the romantic section of your Bumble profile and not the full thing, you can disable Date Mode. Hence, you will be able to continue using Bumble BFFs and Bumble Bizz, the app’s friendship and business-oriented modes. But, you should be aware that if you are off Dating Mode, all of your chats and matches will be permanently lost.
Here’s how to remove your entire Bumble account or just the Date Mode feature.
How to delete your entire Bumble account
- Open the Bumble app.
- Tap the profile icon on the bottom-left corner of the home screen.
- Click on the cogwheel in the top corner.
- Swipe all the way to the bottom and tap “Delete Account.”
- The Bumble app will prompt you to confirm that you want to delete your account. Remember that once it’s deleted, it can’t be recovered. Type the word “delete” and press Confirm.
How to disable Date Mode from Bumble
- Open the Bumble app and tap the profile icon in the bottom-left corner of the home screen.
- Tap on the cogwheel in the top corner.
- Tap the yellow slider to the right of Date Mode.
- When the toggle goes grey, Date Mode has been disabled for your profile. You can turn it back on through this menu anytime, but you won’t recover your matches or conversations.