Excellent for busy weeknights whenever you want a quick recipe that’s additionally low-fuss, this wholesome Crockpot Beef and Broccoli is right here for you.
- The meat is tender.
- The sauce is wealthy and savory.
- The broccoli, which advantages from a low and gradual “bathtub” within the sauce, is exceptionally interesting.
A real “dump and go” crockpot meal (like my favourite Crock Pot Pepper Steak), 100% of the cooking for this gradual cooker beef stir fry recipe occurs proper within the crockpot.
No pre-browning of the meat on the range or separate sauce discount is critical, and the outcomes are spectacular.
Congrats! You’ve discovered the BEST wholesome crockpot beef and broccoli recipe.
5 Star Assessment
“That is the BEST beef and broccoli recipe that I’ve ever had. Even my boys mentioned it was scrumptious! On the common rotation, for certain.”
— DeeDee —
Learn how to Make Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
Beef and broccoli could be a takeout custom (as is Immediate Pot Teriyaki Rooster), but it surely’s one of many best and most budget-friendly stir-fry dishes you can also make at residence.
For this wholesome crockpot beef and broccoli, right here’s what you’ll want.
- Beef. I opted to make the gradual cooker beef and broccoli with flank steak. It’s ultra-tender when thinly sliced throughout the grain (like in these Flank Steak Tacos). The scale and texture of the items naturally lend themselves properly to stir fry-style dishes.
- Broccoli. For the most effective texture, use recent versus frozen broccoli (save the frozen for Roasted Frozen Broccoli). Quick on time or feeling further lazy? Decide up prechopped broccoli florets.
Questioning when so as to add broccoli to a gradual cooker?
- For greatest outcomes, wait so as to add the broccoli till the final half-hour of cooking. This can assure that your broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add it too early, and you might be left with mushy, watery broccoli as an alternative (no thanks).
No further steps! The broccoli goes into the crockpot concurrently the cornstarch slurry for the sauce (see above). Because you’ll be popping again over to the gradual cooker anyway, merely deal with each on the similar time.
- Oyster Sauce. Consider oyster sauce as ketchup’s Asian cousin. It gives on the spot taste and helps thicken the sauce. You’ll find it within the Asian part of your grocery retailer (it’s additionally key to this Pork Fried Rice).
- Honey. Most beef and broccoli recipes you’ll discover name for including copious quantities of sugar. As a result of I needed to make this a wholesome gradual cooker beef and broccoli recipe with out sugar, I changed it with a lesser quantity of all-natural honey as an alternative. (It’s additionally my secret trick to this wholesome Teriyaki Rooster Casserole too.)
- Garlic + Crimson Pepper Flakes. To maintain everybody awake.
- Soy Sauce. Its salty umami taste is core to this recipe’s stability and all-around detectability.
- Place the meat within the gradual cooker. Stir collectively the meat broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili-garlic paste, and garlic. Pour over the meat and stir.
- Prepare dinner crockpot beef and broccoli on LOW for 1 1/2 hours.
- Whisk collectively the water and cornstarch, then stir into the meat. Add the broccoli.
- Cowl, and cook dinner on HIGH for half-hour to thicken the sauce. Serve with rice, and garnish with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds. ENJOY!
As a result of flank steak is pretty lean, I’d not suggest leaving the gradual cooker on low longer than the recipe specifies, or I fear it’d overcook.
In case you have a programmable gradual cooker that switches to maintain heat, this could be an possibility, however the only option is to have the ability to verify it immediately on the 1 1/2 hour mark.
- To Retailer. Hold leftovers within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Heat gently within the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of beef broth or water to maintain it from drying out.
- To Freeze. Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 2 months within the freezer. Defrost in a single day within the fridge earlier than warming.
Meal Prep Tip
It might sound like an oxymoron however this can be a “quick” gradual cooker recipe. Which means you’ll be able to prep the entire substances the night time earlier than, then merely toss them into your gradual cooker and switch it on whenever you arrive residence from work. Beef and broccoli within the gradual cooker prepared in about 2 hours. Woohoo!
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Sluggish Cooker. As a result of timing issues rather a lot on this recipe, a programmable crockpot with a timer shall be your greatest good friend for achievement.
- Non-Slip Reducing Board. A helpful instrument no kitchen needs to be with out.
The Greatest Programmable Sluggish Cooker
This 6-quart crockpot has nice programmable options, plus a locking lid for simple carrying if transporting meals.
Crockpot beef and broccoli is the weeknight dinner hero we by no means knew we would have liked.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
If you happen to’d like to do that recipe with hen as an alternative, head over to my Crockpot Rooster and Broccoli recipe.
As talked about within the ingredient rundown above, I like to recommend recent over frozen broccoli. Nonetheless, you can use frozen broccoli on this recipe. Simply know that frozen broccoli will turn out to be fairly mushy within the gradual cooker. If that textural distinction doesn’t hassle you, be at liberty so as to add it. If you happen to do determine to make use of frozen broccoli, thaw it first, then add it to the gradual cooker as directed.
I’ve not personally tried doubling this recipe. With that being mentioned, I’m certain it could possibly be completed although. Word that the cooking time will doubtless should be elevated, nevertheless, for the reason that crockpot shall be fuller.
In contrast to different recipes, the shiny beef and broccoli sauce thickens proper within the gradual cooker with the opposite substances, no lowering in a separate pot on the range is required. As an alternative, combine a cornstarch slurry proper into the gradual cooker over the past half-hour of cooking. It’s going to thicken up and coat each forkful.
- 1 1/2 kilos flank steak minimize throughout grain into skinny slices
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste or Sriracha, or 1/2 teaspoon purple pepper flakes, plus extra to style
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic about 2 giant cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups broccoli florets about 2 small crowns
- Ready brown rice or quinoa for serving
- Chopped inexperienced onions and toasted sesame seeds non-compulsory for serving
Coat a 4-quart or bigger gradual cooker with nonstick spray. Place the meat within the backside.
In a small bowl, stir collectively the meat broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili-garlic paste, and garlic.
Pour over the meat, then stir to mix. Cowl and cook dinner on LOW for 1 1/2 hours.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively 1/4 cup of water and cornstarch. Stir into the gradual cooker with the meat and sauce, then place the broccoli on high.
Cowl, flip the warmth to HIGH, and cook dinner one other half-hour till the broccoli is tender. Serve heat over rice, sprinkled with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds as desired.
- TO STORE: Hold leftovers within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Heat gently within the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of beef broth or water to maintain it from drying out.
- TO FREEZE: Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 2 months within the freezer. Defrost in a single day within the fridge earlier than warming.
- DOUBLE BATCH: I’ve not tried doubling this recipe, however I feel that you might simply do about 1.5 instances the quantity. Watch the cooking time, as it could should be adjusted barely.
- COOKING TIP: As a result of flank steak is pretty lean, I’d not suggest leaving the gradual cooker on low longer than the recipe specifies, or I fear it’d overcook. In case you have a programmable gradual cooker that switches to maintain heat, this could be an possibility, however the only option is to have the ability to verify it immediately on the 1 1/2 hour mark.
Serving: 1(of 4), with out riceEnergy: 405kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 48gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 102mgPotassium: 1710mgFiber: 8gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1843IUVitamin C: 265mgCalcium: 189mgIron: 5mg
Be a part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.