Berry Lemon Baked Oats is made with oats, candy berries and a contact of lemon for a recent tackle baked oats. This straightforward recipe is prepped in simply 5 minutes and will be made for one individual or simply adjusted for 4 folks!
This publish is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Firm.
Prepared for a recent tackle baked oats? That is it! Benefit from recent summer season berries for a breakfast time possibility.
You in all probability have a lot of the elements in your pantry and you’ll choose up berries out of your native farmer’s market, grocery store or if you happen to’re fortunate sufficient to search out them recent in your yard, that’s even higher.
Collect these elements
Quaker Previous Usual Oats
Plain, unsweetened plant milk
Vanilla extract or paste
I really like getting inventive with oats. And within the summertime, I really like utilizing recent berries to sweeten and brighten them up!
For this recipe, I used blackberries and raspberries as a result of they have been out there at my market. Later in the summertime, recent blackberries and blueberries are candy and considerable. And to be trustworthy, I in all probability received’t cease consuming this when the climate cools down, due to frozen berries.
Use no matter berries you’ve gotten readily available, from frozen blended berries to any mixture of recent ones!
Talking of recent. The lemon is important. Don’t skip it. The lemon zest helps the berry taste pop. And the dish received’t fairly be the identical with out it.
Why select oats?
There are a number of explanation why oats are a great way to assist begin the morning. I hold them readily available as a result of they’re nutritious and so versatile within the kitchen.
Oats are a straightforward and accessible entire grain possibility. They’re additionally a superb supply of important nutritional vitamins and minerals, together with vitamin B1, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese.
Final however not least, oats can present a superb supply of fiber and may help help a wholesome digestive system. With 5 grams of fiber per serving due to the oats and berries, this recipe is an efficient supply of fiber too (9 grams of complete fats)!
This can be a versatile recipe
- Omit the egg for a vegan recipe. The oats won’t attain a wealthy golden brown coloration however will nonetheless style nice!
- This recipe works with common or plant milk in the identical quantity.
- No maple syrup? Sub brown sugar for the maple syrup, if desired.
- Double or quadruple this recipe. Merely mix the elements, bake all in separate ramekins and refrigerate. You possibly can reheat the oat bake within the microwave or oven on busy mornings.
- Attempt with an non-obligatory dollop of Greek yogurt
- Prep and bake as much as 4 ramekins. Refrigerate the cooked oats and pop within the microwave or oven to reheat on busy mornings.
Able to make these baked oats? Right here’s the recipe!
Lemon Berry Baked Oats
This Berry Lemon Baked Oats is full of oats, candy berries and a contact of lemon for a recent tackle baked oats. This straightforward recipe is prepped in simply 5 minutes and will be made for one or simply adjusted for 4!
- .5 cup conventional Quaker Previous Usual Oats
- .5 cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- .5 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- .5 teaspoon ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 massive egg (non-obligatory, see notes)
- .25 recent or frozen blended blueberries, raspberries or blackberries
- .5 teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
In a small blender, puree the oats, milk, vanilla, baking powder, salt and egg (if utilizing) till easy.
Place the berries in a 6-ounce ramekin and sprinkle evenly with the lemon zest. Pour the batter on high of the berries.
Bake for half-hour, till the bake rises and is golden brown. Serve heat.
Omit the egg for a vegan recipe. The oats won’t attain a wealthy golden brown coloration however will nonetheless style nice!
Energy: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 16g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 709mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 22g | Calcium: 332mg | Iron: 3mg