One side that commends the Beaver Brook Path hike to all ranges of means and curiosity is its ease of modifying. Want a brief stroll to clear the thoughts? Take a stretch to the primary vista and switch round. Prepared to have interaction in a wholesome, keep-your-wits problem? Press forward to the best level on the path, which this put up describes. The undulating elevation, and the carousel of pine-lined path, rock ledges, and bursts of expansive valley views entreat hikers to take another step. (For an exceptionally demanding trek, begin with Chimney Gulch Hike).
One other benefit could shock many…the whole size of the formal Beaver Brook Path stays “HIKE ONLY.” Hikers can stroll with none fear of bikers or skiers. Located just under the native landmark, Lookout Mountain, the Beaver Brook Path begins at a cut up within the Lookout Mountain Path. Discover the total Beaver Brook hike profile beneath for path map, driving instructions, and extra ideas and particulars that will help you take pleasure in this journey in Windy Saddle Park close to Denver.
Path Snapshot: Beaver Brook Path at Windy Saddle Park
|Hike Distance||11 miles Spherical Journey (modifiable)|
|Issue||Reasonable to Troublesome|
|Period||Approx 3+ hrs|
|Path Kind||Out and Again|
|Canine||Allowed On Leash|
|Hike Path Map||Click on for a Map of Windy Saddle Trailhead, or use this 3D Topographical Map to view the whole size of the path.|
|Denver Drive Time||35 min|
|Driving Instructions to Windy Saddle Trailhead||Click on for Google Map|
|City Nearest Hike||Golden, Colorado|
|Magnificence||Rocky Mountain vista at prime, views of Golden & Denver|
|Actions||Climbing, path working|
The Hike: Beaver Brook Path
Be aware: The Beaver Brook Path continues for nearly one other 3.5 miles to the official Beaver Brook Trailhead, at Genesee Park, off the Chief Hosa exit on I-70 (Exit 253). Hikes can also begin from this location and go towards Windy Saddle. Alongside the best way, a number of aspect trails, all well-marked, invite additional journey.
Simply accessible from Denver – on common, only a 35 minute drive – this path empowers the hiker to regulate the size and calls for based mostly on the day. Practically each 1/2-mile the route wraps round a valley wall, giving technique to inspiring views of the Rockies. Now and again, Freeway 6 (between Golden and Idaho Springs) pops up. The elevation hovers between 6800ft and 7200ft virtually the total size; the exception comes on the finish, when this route pushes as much as 7400ft, then scales to 7750ft to succeed in the payoff perch.
Suggestions & Sources for Climbing the Beaver Brook Path
- TIP: JeffCo designated the entirety of Beaver Brook Path as “HIKE ONLY.” Nonetheless, canine are permitted on-leash. In contrast to Chimney Gulch, the Beaver Brook path provides a quiet, semi-solitary hike.
- TIP: The parking zone is small. Many occasions, folks come and simply take within the views after which depart after 15-20min, however some park to hike and preserve their spot all day. Take into account coming early, or late, and seasonally the path will probably be much less crowded in winter.
- Path Map: Beaver Brook Path Hike
- Packing Checklist: All the time pack the ten Necessities. Obtain our Climbing Information to get the listing and dayhiking packing guidelines. Moreover, take a while to assessment our 10 Winter Climbing Suggestions.
- Colorado Street Circumstances: Colorado Street Circumstances
- After the Hike: Hold the journey alive! Go to the The Buffalo Invoice Museum and Grave.
Map & Driving Instructions for Windy Saddle Trailhead
Click on for Driving Instructions