For those who’re on the lookout for the proper fall appetizer that virtually anybody will love, then look no additional — your lady made you apple and brie crostini layered with prosciutto, zippy arugula, black pepper and a drizzle of my new favourite factor on earth: HOT HONEY.
This crostini was impressed by one among my favourite espresso outlets right here in Chicago, which additionally occurs to make ridiculously good cookies, and now sandwiches. I made a decision to take their new sandwich and remodel it into an easy-to-make crostini that can blow ya thoughts. Plus they solely take about quarter-hour to throw collectively!
The flavour combo is completely candy, a little bit savory, a little bit spicy, and completely superb.
FREE Final Thanksgiving Information (+ printable guidelines!)
Whether or not you’re internet hosting or simply attending, this Final Thanksgiving Information electronic mail collection is for everybody. Enter your electronic mail beneath to get all of my greatest recipes, suggestions, and a FREE printable guidelines for your whole Thanksgiving wants.
Apple & brie crostini substances
You’ll solely want a handful of substances to make these scrumptious, simple apple and brie crostini. The recent honey really makes them out of this world scrumptious, so don’t skip it! Right here’s what you want:
- French baguette: the bottom of the crostini that can maintain up all the yummy toppings and will get good and toasted.
- Brie cheese: we’re utilizing gooey and scrumptious brie on this recipe as a result of the flavour pairs completely with the apple, prosciutto and honey.
- Apple: I like to make use of a honeycrisp or granny smith apple for a pleasant juicy crunch.
- Prosciutto: love the candy and savory combo these crostini have because of prosciutto. Bacon would even be superb!
- Arugula: for a little bit of zippy peppery freshness and to make the crostini additional fairly.
What’s scorching honey?
Sizzling honey is strictly what it feels like: spicy honey! My model simply requires honey and a little bit of your favourite scorching sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper to make the recent honey. You then’ll get it heat and drizzle it on these crostini. SO GOOD.
Belief me you’re going to wish to put this scorching honey on every little thing — from sandwiches to your morning avocado toast.
Apple and brie crostini in 4 simple steps
- Prep your bread. Preheat the oven to 375 levels F. Line a giant baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on prime. For those who can’t match all of them, you’ll want to make use of two baking sheets.
- Bake it up. Add slices of brie cheese to every crostini and bake for 7-9 minutes or till the cheese is sweet and melted.
- Assemble the crostini. High with an apple slice, a bit of prosciutto and some items of arugula.
- Drizzle & serve. Make the recent honey within the microwave, then drizzle it over the crostini and serve them up!
Customise these apple & brie crostini
These simple apple and brie crostini are nice for customizing to your style preferences! Right here’s what I can advocate by way of ingredient swaps:
- Select your cheese. For those who’re not a fan of brie, be happy to make use of fontina, havarti or gruyere.
- Combine up your fruit. Attempt pear slices, contemporary figs or pomegranate seeds, and even your favourite jam.
- Preserve them vegetarian. Merely depart off the prosciutto.
The right way to prep crostini forward of time
I wouldn’t advocate totally making the crostini forward of time, however you possibly can slice your baguette and brie slices a day or two forward in order that they’re a breeze to assemble!
It’s also possible to be happy to make your scorching honey forward of time in an effort to drizzle and serve the crostini shortly.
The right way to retailer apple and brie crostini
These simple apple and brie crostini are actually greatest when loved the day-of (and particularly heat), however in case you have any leftover be happy to retailer them within the fridge. Be at liberty to get pleasure from any leftovers chilly, at room temp, or re-warmed within the oven.
Extra appetizers & sides for the vacations
Take a look at all of my Thanksgiving recipes right here, plus extra concepts for appetizers & sides:
And bear in mind, get all of my suggestions for internet hosting Thanksgiving right here!
I hope you like these apple & brie crostini with scorching honey! For those who make it you’ll want to depart a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Apple & Brie Crostini with Sizzling Honey
Unimaginable apple and brie crostini with prosciutto, contemporary arugula and a drizzle of selfmade scorching honey. These simple brie crostini are the proper mixture of candy, savory and spicy. A beautiful appetizer for the vacations!
- For the crostini:
french baguette, lower diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
brie cheese, sliced (you’ll want as many slices as crostini slices you’ve got)
giant honeycrisp or granny smith apple, thinly sliced
prosciutto, lower into 20 items and rolled
- For the recent honey:
scorching sauce (or sub a pinch of cayenne pepper)
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on prime. For those who can’t match all of them, you’ll want to make use of two baking sheets.
Add slices of brie cheese to every crostini and bake for 7-9 minutes or till the cheese is sweet and melted. High with an apple slice, a bit of prosciutto and some leaves of arugula.
Make the recent honey: add honey and scorching sauce to a small bowl, microwave for 10-15 seconds. Drizzle honey over the crostini. Serve instantly. Makes roughly 20-24 crostini.
Customise these apple & brie crostini
- For those who’re not a fan of brie, be happy to make use of fontina, havarti or gruyere.
- Be at liberty to combine up your fruit and check out pear slices, contemporary figs or pomegranate seeds, and even your favourite jam.
- For those who’re vegetarian, merely depart off the prosciutto.
Servings: 20 servings
Serving dimension: 1 crostini
Saturated fats: 2.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats